aTypical Joe: a gay New Yorker living in the rural South
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Links for 2008-06-21
ON TMV THIS MORNING:
- Douglas A. Blackmon on Bill Moyers Journal - Blackmon’s book, Slavery by Another Name – The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II, will be the topic of innumerable posts from me. Painful but unavoidably important.
ON TMV FRIDAY:
- Douglas A. Blackmon on “the age of neo-slavery” - wonderfully articulate, terribly sad, very important. Better, actually, than the ones he did on Open Source or Moyers, and, interestingly, this transcript from the voice of the revolutionary communist party of the USA.
- Georgia on their mind! An InsiderAdvantage poll gives John McCain a single point lead over Sen. Barack Obama in Georgia, putting us very much in the news.
ON TMV THURSDAY:
- What I did on my summer vacation: BRAG 2008, the Doug video already posted here. Actually, on my new Vimeo channel I’ve put higher quality cleaned up versions of all three BRAG videos. Vimeo is terrific!
- Intelligent Design in Louisiana, It’s ba-ack! Dressed up this time as “academic freedom” for the k-12 set.
ON TMV WEDNESDAY
- Obama. Georgia. & Indiana? More on Obama in Georgia. Except for Nate Silver who says not Georgia, Indiana instead!
- Free Use: A Remembrance, includes links to video of me from 1991. My niece tells me I was cute then…
- Obama backs Barrow - I do too, for the same reason (don’t want to lose the seat).
- Back Story on How AP and Drudge Retort Come to Terms - Bob Cox’s side. I have stopped saying anything. Bloggers are in a swarm; I don’t agree with Cox that AP could have accomplished anything more in that atmosphere so I think they did right (though I haven’t read every little bit of it). I’ll write mroe when things cool a bit.
- Accused Treated as Adult in Gay Student’s Killing, I’m sick that this kid is going to be tried as an adult. His hateful act reflected adult bias, not his own.